We are now pleased to be taking bookings for the following services:
- Washing and Opening into loose ‘Fluff’
- Carding into Batts or Sliver
- Gilling into Roving
- Spinning & Plying
PLEASE NOTE FOR SPINNING WE ARE CURRENTLY BOOKING SLOTS 6 – 8 MONTHS AHEAD. HOWEVER FOR OPENING, CARDING, OR ROVING THE WAIT IS MUCH SHORTER – USUALLY 4 – 6 WEEKS
For our latest price please visit the ‘Processing Prices’ page
TO BOOK YOUR FIBRE IN FOR PROCESSING PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE FORM BELOW, FILL IT IN AND RETURN IT TO US.
ALL FIBRE SENT TO THE MILL MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY OUR INCOMING FIBRE FORM, BUT PLEASE ONLY SEND FIBRE TO THE MILL WHEN YOU ARE REQUESTED TO DO SO.
RAMPISHAM HILL MILL – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Rampisham Hill Mill – hereafter ‘RHM’ is the trading name of David & Ruth Wilkins, Rampisham Hill Farm & Mill, Hooke, Beaminster, Dorset, DT8 3PE
- This agreement is made in England and shall be subject to jurisdiction of the English courts, and be governed and construed in accordance with English law.
- You warrant that you own the fibre or you are duly authorised by the owner to enter in an agreement for the processing work to be undertaken.
- We will endeavour to process your fibre within the timescale advised, but we cannot be held responsible for slips in programming caused by events out of our control (such as a machinery breakdown, or supply issues).
- We will hold your personal details on file solely for use within our business, and will never share your details with a third party. However if we are required by law to reveal your details to an inspecting body, we will be obliged to comply.
- Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent. If you wish to exercise your rights please email us.
- VAT at the current rate will be added to all quoted prices.
- Payment will be due on completion of the processing, prior to collection or RHM arranging delivery of your finished product (as per point 6 below).
- Invoices must be paid within 21 days of invoice date.
- RHM reserves the right to sell any unpaid for or uncollected products after a period of 60 days from invoice date to recover costs.
- RHM reserve the right to alter prices without notice, but will honour prices listed on our website on the date that we receive your fibre after we have requested it to be sent to RHM for processing.
- Goods will not be released until the invoice has been paid in full. Goods may be collected in person or sent via courier at the customer’s expense.
- RHM reserve the right to refuse to process infested, contaminated, or unsuitable fibres. If additional sorting above the standard allocated batch time is required prior to processing, RHM will charge an additional £40/hour for this service and we will advise you of any charges prior to them being incurred.
- While RHM will endeavour to remove as much vegetation matter (VM) as possible during the processing stages, heavily contaminated fleeces will have some VM remaining in your finished product.
- RHM cannot eliminate skin flakes during the processing stages, and as a result these fleeces may not be suitable for further processing.
- If any fibre is deemed unsuitable for processing into the intended product by RHM, the customer will be liable for any processing costs incurred up to this point.
- The customer will be responsible for the cost of disposal of infested, heavily contaminated or unusable fibre.
- RHM will endeavour to keep fibre losses during processing to a minimum, however there will be a reduction in weight between incoming fibre weight and outgoing product weight due to losses of lanolin, VM, and fibre losses from fixed machine wastage per batch.
- RHM will spin yarn as near as possible to the meterage and twist requested, however each breed behaves differently when spun and so these may vary. Whilst every care is taken to achieve an even and consistent yarn, some breeds, particularly those with very short or very long fibres or crimpier fibres, can result in a slightly more uneven yarn.
DISPUTES & RETURNS
- Any shortages, discrepancies or disputes must be made in writing to RHM within 14 days of receipt of the products.
- We will accept returns for any goods supplied that were not ordered specifically, providing they are returned to RHM in a resalable condition within 7 days.